OMGosh, just when we thought it was safe to start thinking that life as we knew it, could possibly be returning – and in the blink of an eye, life starts going in the opposite direction again.
I’m not sure about you, but I am feeling a little angry about it all (ok, it’s more than a little). It has taken me some time to get to this, but alas, I try to remind myself that each day is a new day, which brings positive thoughts and hope. We WILL see an end to this, it will just take time.
How are YOU feeling?! I’m guessing if you feel anything like me, then it may look something like this:-
- Surely this is not real, oh but I know this will pass before our wedding day, we won’t be affected, lets not worry about it and just pretend its not happening.
- Our plans are all falling apart! Lets just cancel everything – I’m over this! I hate this, I can’t cope and its just making me so darn angry, don’t talk to me right now!
- Our wedding date is not that important to us, let’s just postpone and re-visit it later.
- I feel like I’m grieving about my own wedding day – that is just absurd! It’s just not fair why this is happening to us?! I can’t cope with it all right now. I cant stop crying when I think about our wedding, pass me a tissue please. 🙁
- Ok, so this is the situation we are being faced with. Let’s work with the things that we CAN control and let go of those things that we can NOT. We are in love and of course we still want our wedding to go ahead, so these are are options x,y,z (There are ALWAYS options).
Lets talk these through with Sharon so we can cover all of our bases. Wow, I feel so much better now, like a weight has been lifted off our shoulders.
So, let me assure you that your wedding day WILL BE AMAZING and most likely, even better than you could have ever imagined! Yes, I really believe that. Touch base with your suppliers and open up the conversation about today’s reality.
Here is one of my coping suggestions for us all.
I’m no hippie guru but I really do believe that this is the perfect time to learn some deep breathing exercises – these are great to reduce stress, anxiety, frustration and anger.
The reason I recommend deep breathing is that it has been proven to calm our nerves therefore our physiological system. There is so much more information out there about this, regarding our fight or flight responses, perceived threats and triggers.
I dare you to do some research of your own, even just 5 minutes and give it a go – your whole life may change in minutes and the world may in fact look brighter, even during these crazy times – simply by deep breathing.
The clear message I would like you to take away from this blog is:
- You can still have your dream wedding (even though it may look a little different than originally planned)
- It’s ok to feel sad and angry about this situation
- Don’t focus on the things that you can NOT control
- Focus on the things that you CAN control
- Be kind to yourself and those around you
- Learn new ways to relax and calm yourself
- Reach out to your suppliers and talk with them
Feel free to get in contact with me, even if its just to process your situation. Talking things through with someone and getting some ideas about your options can really help.
I’m always here to assist brides and grooms with my wedding expertise, or point them in the right direction.
Stay safe, healthy, calm and keep planning.
Love Sharon xx